Top Trends in Healthcare and OTC 2017: Exploring OTC medication, vitamins, minerals and supplements; functional food and drink; and sports nutrition categories
"Top Trends in Healthcare and OTC 2017", overs key trends to watch within the healthcare and over-the-counter sector, drawing upon GlobalData's TrendSights framework, insight analysis, innovation intelligence, and product examples.
Global consumers are becoming more health-conscious as a reaction to rising obesity levels and lifestyle-related illnesses, such as diabetes, in the modern world. Additionally, consumers' busy lives means that many lack the time to exercise and eat more health foods, which means that healthcare and OTC products are increasingly used as a simple, effective way to promote personal wellbeing and overall health. Therefore, consumers demand more natural, convenient, multifunctional, and personalized products to suit their hectic and complex lives.
- 66% of global consumers agree that they are more likely to purchase products developed for their lifestyles.
- 77% of global consumers believe that "natural" claims are nutritious.
- 19% of global consumers will usually turn first to the internet for health or medical advice compared to 43% who first go to doctors or medical professionals.
Reasons to buy
- Understand what the top trends are in the healthcare and OTC market.
- Understand which audiences are most affected by these trends.
- Learn what the key opportunities, drivers, and inhibitors of the top trends are.
- See the actions that major brands are taking to get ahead.